Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gear Review: Vedavoo Tightlines Sling Pack

The venerable Swiss Army knife has become my personal benchmark for all outdoor gear tests.  It set the high water mark many years ago in terms of form, function, utility and durability.  Although we've seen some great advances in technology and materials in recent years, not many products these days hold up to this high standard.

Vedavoo's Tightlines Sling Pack, however, is right up there.  Think of it as the "Swiss Army knife" of sling packs.  Here's why:

The sling itself is a utility belt adorned with daisy-chained webbing loops for S-biners and a paracord loop for tippet spools.  There are plenty of options for adding retractors and other accessories along the shoulder strap.  While the overall design is simple and clean, the pack has a lot of features you won't find on other companies' slings, including removable modular pouches.  This is a nice option for downsizing on minimalist outings.

Removable Pouch on the Right
The pack is constructed right here in the USA with 1000D cordura, webbing, and YKK zippers. The stitching is robust and beefy and there are zippered storage pockets galore.  It's got enough capacity to carry two full-sized fly boxes (with the additional 'deluxe' pouch), plus a day's worth of accessories. 

Unlike other slings I've tried, this one stays put on your back until you're ready to swing it around to access your gear.  I've worn it on 'all day' outings in complete comfort.

If you're in the market for a sling pack, I highly recommend checking this one out.

Here's a video demo from Vedavoo:


Disclaimer:  This is not a sales pitch. I purchased this product after seeing it in person at the IFTD show.  I am a Vedavoo customer who is reviewing this gear without any form of compensation.  I dig my Tightlines pack and thought you might like to know about it.


2 comments:

  1. I really want to try this pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't have tried it on! All I need is something else to purchase right now. That is one sweet pack.

    ReplyDelete