Thursday, December 19, 2013

I've Got This

You may have noticed things have been pretty quiet around here.  A few people have asked why. 

Life has a way of reminding you there are more important things than blogging about fly fishing. One such reminder, in my case, is autoimmune disease.  After many years of relatively smooth sailing post-diagnosis, my health took a significant nose dive this year. 

I'll spare you the sordid details, but that - among other things - is why it has been so quiet around here.

The good news is that things are looking up. Thanks to the magic of pharmacology and a smart doc's protocol, the good days are beginning to outnumber the bad. 

I got out yesterday with Chris for some local fishing.  It felt great to be out on the river.

Rocket from the Crick




















Chris the Fishin' Machine with a Nice Bow




























Here's to a healthy and happy 2014.

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better. My cousin as the same thing. The doctors can't figure out exactly what it is. Her mother has Lupus so they think it may be a form of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin.

      Have a happy Christmas and new year.

      Delete
    2. No problem. I'm glad you found some medications that are helping. My cousin has good days and bad. She can't seem to find a formula that works.

      Delete
    3. Kevin,

      She may want to check out low dose Naltrexone if she hasn't already. It's working for me.

      http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

      Delete
    4. Wow, that's a surprise, Brent. I'm glad to hear that things are looking up for you. I hope 2014 brings you good health and good fishing.

      Delete
    5. Thanks Jim. Have a happy new year.

      Delete
  2. Cheers to you my friend and here is to health and happiness as we wrap this year up and go on in to the next. In the mean time, if you cant fish, just read the mag repeatedly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. Have a great holiday season and keep up the good work.

      Delete
  3. Hey Brent, glad to hear about the upswing and the day on the water. I can feel you on the relief of some healing waters. I was hospitalized twice earlier this year with my own issues. Keep up the positive attitude and the fishing, they both help. Have a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks brother. You too!

      Happy holidays.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back, man. Glad you're back on the upswing. Looks like a little river therapy didn't hurt either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks brother. Have a merry Carpmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping in to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas Brent! So happy to hear you are on the mend. Wishing health and happiness for you all in 2014- mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Mike. All the best to you and yours.

      Many happy trails in 2014.

      Brent

      Delete
  7. Looks like an awesome day back on the water. Nice Work. Glad your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete